Sunday, September 21, 2014

Great Books for 1st Graders!

“Diary of a Wombat” by Jackie French
Wombats are super cute. I should know cause I am one. I love to sleep, scratch, and dig holes and I think carrots are super yummy, until I get bored with them, that is. Are you curious about what a typical day looks like in the life of a wombat. Well, I’ve just written the best selling story, “Diary of a Wombat,” to tell you all about it. In this story, I find myself some new pets, and they are super easy to train. They bring me carrots and oats, and they are getting much faster at responding to my needs. Yep, I think humans make pretty good pets! Read my book to find out just how I managed to train them.



“Henry and Mudge: And the Starry Night” by Cynthia Rylant
If you love dogs and are ready for a beginning chapter book, this is the series for you. There are lots of stories about Henry and his dog, Mudge. In this particular story, “Henry and Mudge and the Starry Night,” the two best friends go on a camping trip with Henry’s parents, and let me just say that Mudge particularly enjoys camping, especially all the awesome smells and many chew toys available. Henry is excited about the trip but kind of worried that he might meet a bear. Do you think he will? Will Mudge protect him? Or will he find something much more meaningful and beautiful than a silly old bear?


Check out these books at the LMES Media Center!!

No comments:

Post a Comment