Tuesday, November 25, 2014

More Great Books for 3rd Graders

"Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House” by Geronimo Stilton 
Geronimo is at it again... this time, he's lost in the woods and he stumbles upon a haunted castle.  He wishes over and over again that he was at home.  His sister Thea shows up to discover the mysteries of the castle, but all of the scary tricks are only revealed to Geronimo.  Will Geronimo ever make it home?



“Ramona the Brave” by Beverly Cleary

I am Ramona and this is my year… the year I’m going to have something to tell all the kids at school when it starts.  It’s actually been an exciting summer at our house for a change - we have an actual hole in our house.  I know, unbelievable but true, and it’s going to be my new room!  But you know, this year just isn’t turning out like I thought - my sister thinks I’m a pest, the kids think I’m a liar, I’m kind of scared of my new room, and my teacher just doesn’t like me.  Do any of you have 1st grade brothers or sisters?  Just remember that the really are trying to grow up, but it’s really really hard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment