Tuesday, November 25, 2014

More Great Books for 4th Graders

“Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library” by Chris Grabenstein
Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory has nothing on Mr. Lemoncello’s library.  Get ready for the craziest escape game with puzzles and clues and serious competition.  Would you play dirty like Charles Chiltingon, you know, Chiltingtons never lose.  Or would you play desperately like Haley or would you ally yourself with strong team members?  These kids will see holographic librarians, talking Pharaohs, experience a hover ladder to reach the high heights, and be tempted by treachery and deception.  Think you’re ready to be the new focus for Mr. Lemoncello’s commercials?  Enter the library and let the games begin.

“Flora & Ulysses” by Kate DiCamillo
It all started with a with a multi-terrain vacuum cleaner.  Before you know it, I, Flora one of the world’s natural-born cynics, was rescuing a squirrel.  Holy Bagumba, who vacuums their yard anyway, but that’s exactly what I witnessed, one poor little squirrel getting sucked right up.  For a cynic, I was surprisingly helpful and I dashed over to my neighbors’ and shook that squirrel right out.  I can tell you that there was nothing in the back of favorite bonus comic “Terrible Things Can Happen to You” about how to give an unresponsive squirrel CPR.  Something amazing happened after I saved that little beast... perhaps he was destined to be a superhero or maybe a writer.  For a cynic, I have surprisingly high hopes for my new friend, Ulysses.  Unfortunately, the powers of evil are working against us in Ulysses’ arch-nemesis, my mother.  And then there’s William Spiver, an annoying boy who’s temporarily blind, but kind of growing on me and with serious sidekick potential.  All I know, is that together, Ulysses and I are better... check out our illuminated adventures to see what kind of craziness we we get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment